“The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”
~ Bill Phillips
I’m Amanda Cullen, and I’m a business coach.
I worked as a consultant in the pensions industry for many years, and was a partner in a leading consultancy for 10 years. In both these roles I advised clients, managed large teams and led business units.
While in my leadership roles, I was particularly known for delivering results by developing cohesive teams. My key skill was bringing out the best in my colleagues, and developing junior colleagues to fulfil their potential.
Having spent many years as a coach and mentor in the corporate world, it was a natural progression to obtain formal coaching qualifications and establish my own coaching business.
I now work primarily with small business owners who run an incredibly diverse range of businesses including retail, legal, therapy, feminine hygiene and PR.
My coaching style
I am known for getting to the heart of an issue and summarising it concisely, making it simpler for my clients to tackle. I hate jargon and try hard to avoid it! I have a supportive yet no-nonsense approach to coaching; cutting through confusion to help my clients identify their priorities so that they can move forward with confidence.
With my help you’ll gain clarity over your next steps, and I’ll hold you accountable to ensure you follow up on the actions that will help you achieve your goals.
Work with me, and you’ll benefit from the tools, techniques and strategies that I learned during my corporate years, all tailored for you and your business.
Coaching and mentoring qualifications and experience
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coactive Coach, Coaches Training Institute
- Mentor at Sage Summit, Chicago 2016 and London 2017
- Business Mentor, Aspire Foundation
- Co-founder, Aspire Circles; business networking forums
- Partner, Mercer; specialising in pension scheme governance including risk management
- Trustee director of a £4.5 billion UK pension scheme
Corporate qualifications and accreditations
- Mini MBA from Cranfield University in Business Strategy
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- Certified Member of the Institute of Risk Management