“The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”
~ Bill Phillips
I’m Amanda Cullen and I’ve been involved in running businesses for many years. Now I help small business owners to set up and run theirs.
For many years I was a consultant in the pensions industry and worked for one of the largest global consultancies. I was the first woman to take on a leadership role within my business division. Consequently, I found myself trailblazing a path for others to follow. At this point I hired my own coach, to help me navigate successfully though a very male-dominated world with credibility but without losing the positive attributes of being female.
Subsequently I became a partner in the business and combined business leadership with consulting to major corporate clients, many of which were household names. Along the way I faced numerous challenges. These included:
- successfully merging two business units to form one stronger one
- managing a compulsory restructuring in a way that treated everyone with respect and dignity
- striking a balance between confidence-inspiring leadership and approachability
Having spent many years coaching and mentoring in my corporate roles, in 2012 I obtained formal coaching qualifications and established my coaching business.
I now work primarily with small business owners who run an incredibly diverse range of businesses. These include food, mother and baby, legal, therapy, design, HR, office management and PR.
My coaching style
I am known for getting to the heart of an issue and summarising it concisely, making it simpler for my clients to tackle. Jargon is my enemy and therefore I try hard to avoid it! My approach to coaching is supportive and no-nonsense. I cut through confusion to help my clients identify their priorities so that they can move forward with confidence.
With my help you’ll gain clarity over your next steps, and I’ll hold you accountable to ensure you follow up on the actions that will help you achieve your goals.
Work with me, and you’ll benefit from the tools, techniques and strategies that I learned during my corporate years, all tailored for you and your business.
Coaching and mentoring qualifications and experience
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coactive Coach, Coaches Training Institute
- Mentor at Sage Summit, Chicago 2016 and London 2017
- Business Mentor, Aspire Foundation
- Co-founder, Aspire Circles; business networking forums
- Partner, Mercer; specialising in pension scheme governance including risk management
- Trustee director of a £4.5 billion UK pension scheme
Corporate qualifications and accreditations
- Mini MBA from Cranfield University in Business Strategy
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- Certified Member of the Institute of Risk Management